Skip to main content

My sonos is connected wirelessly and once per three songs it will cut out the music and then resume playing. My diagnostics report is ****. What is up with the connect:amp?

*Moderator Note: Removed personal identifiable information from original post* 

Hi @Martintdrv, welcome to the Sonos Community!

The diagnostics show that the Connect:Amp is having issues writing information to memory. This can be caused the connection it is receiving so I would recommend you attempt to wire your Connect:Amp via Ethernet.

If wiring doesn’t resolve this issue, I would recommend reaching out to our support team for further assistance.

I hope this helps!

A wired setup completely eliminates the issue, but is there no way to make it work reliably with wifi. I have tried factory resetting recently.

A tip: Factory Reset rarely permanently resolves fundamental issues, but it may accidentally, temporarily work around something. In general it wastes time. Plus, Factory Reset destroys diagnostic data that could have been used to discover the fundamental issue. I recommend consulting with an experienced user before Factory Reset.

A wired setup completely eliminates the issue, but is there no way to make it work reliably with wifi. I have tried factory resetting recently.

Perhaps try a different 2.4Ghz WiFi channel (that’s assuming you’re not using a SonosNet connection). Select either channel 1, 6, or 11 on your local router and ensure the channel-width is set to 20Mhz only (most routers tend to default to 20/40Mhz) and just see if that will sort things for you.

Perhaps try a different 2.4Ghz WiFi channel (that’s assuming you’re not using a SonosNet connection). Select either channel 1, 6, or 11 on your local router and ensure the channel-width is set to 20Mhz only (most routers tend to default to 20/40Mhz) and just see if that will sort things for you.

I will try this. Thanks a lot! Hopefully it will fix the issue.