Skip to main content
Answered

Sonos can't connect. ALL. THE. TIME.

• 21 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Playing music, everything is fine, music suddenly stops, can’t connect. This happens about 3 times a month. There is nothing wrong with my wifi, speakers are all plugged in ok. The only way I can get things back is to dump my music and reload it. I have 20,000 songs so it takes forever. This is beyond annoying. If I had known I would have this much trouble I would have never bought $2000 worth of speakers. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

It takes my setup approx. 7 seconds to load 25000+ local library tracks to a room/speaker queue, so it sounds like you ‘may’ have some difficulties with your local network, perhaps?

What are the network settings you are using, channels/channel-widths etc?

Have you tried the system operating on SonosNet, instead of your local WiFi signal, just to see if that makes any difference?

Maybe providing some more details about your Sonos system and network setup, including the library host and types of audio etc; will help others here to maybe suggest some things to try.🤞

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

You’ve owned since 2018. Has this always happened or just started recently? Have you tried generating a diagnostics report within 10 minutes or so of an occurrence and contacting Sonos support? 

I think I better call Sonos tomorrow. I don’t know what SonosNet, channel width etc is… Yes I’ve had problems since the beginning. I’ve just put up with it.

I think I better call Sonos tomorrow. I don’t know what SonosNet, channel width etc is… Yes I’ve had problems since the beginning. I’ve just put up with it.

This may assist you then…

Within 20 minutes of the reported audio dropout issue occurring, submit a Sonos diagnostic report from the ‘Settings/Support’ area of the Sonos App. Make a note of the reference generated, and when practicable, contact/chat to Sonos Support Staff about the matter via this LINK and see what they can suggest to resolve the matter.