Skip to main content

I am purchasing a SONOS Arc with surround to connect to a TV. 

Can I also output sound from a Stereo (with turntable and CD Player) to the SONOS Arc system? Can I do that with a PORT? if yes, is there a PORT setup option to play on SONOS Arc?

Thanks.

Yes, you can connect the Port to an existing stereo and play the Port Line-In source on the Arc.

Another option if no existing stereo is available with a phono input…

The turn table will need to have either a pre-amp built in or be connected to an out board pre-amp.

If using the turntables built-in pre-amp the leads will connect to the Ports RCA-Inputs.

If using an out board pre-amp the turntable leads will connect to the pre-amps RCA-Input and the pre-amps RCA Outputs will connect to the Ports RCA-Inputs. 

After setting the Line-in for the Port as mentioned by @jgatie you’ll want to set the Arc as the default speaker/room.

Thanks!! if my Yamaha receiver which is older does not have an RCA out are there adapters that convert speaker connections out to an RCA that will plug into the Port?

Thx

bb8

Thanks!! if my Yamaha receiver which is older does not have an RCA out are there adapters that convert speaker connections out to an RCA that will plug into the Port?

Thx

bb8

Yes, adapters such as this exist.  I would be careful with this though as you’re going to get a varied volume from the speaker side and the RCA input shouldn’t be line level or steady.  Do you man on still plan on connecting your yamaha receiver to speakers?

I would also point out that your TV likely has some RCA inputs (that would send audio to the Arc) as well.  If your turntable or CD player is located next to the TV, this might be an option.  And the Port is necessary when sending audio to an external system, but Era 100, Era 300, Amp, and Five also have audio inputs.  If all you really need is the input capability, then there are options that are cheaper and/or give you speakers and additional features than a Port.

What model of Yamaha do you have? Most OLDER models have a phono input.