Answered

Sonos Arc - speech enhancement

• 31 December 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi, i am writing here as i have used the Sonos Arc for a while now, and overall move the system.

but i Cannot see how the speech enhancement feature helps, i Cannot hear if its on or off. Dialouge sounds exactly the same

Night mode works great, turning Down all loud sounds, and also adjusting the dialouge a bit.

but the feature to enhancement dialouge, feels more or less useless.

So what does other Arc owner thinks, or Maybe have a good movie or tv show where its possible to hear the difference? 
hope someone Can help me

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 31 December 2020, 02:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

I notice a difference with Speech Enhancement turned on. It boosts the audio frequencies associated with the human voice so voices sound a little louder and more pronounced.

I notice a difference with Speech Enhancement turned on. It boosts the audio frequencies associated with the human voice so voices sound a little louder and more pronounced.

Is it easy for you to hear the difference ? And do you have a good example on a show or movie where you notice? At what volume do you listen at then? 

just want to try mine too

Userlevel 7

I pretty much notice it on anything I test. Just pick something that is heavy on dialogue. And keep the volume at the same level with and without Speech Enhancement on so you can hear the difference.

The difference isn’t dramatically different but noticeable enough to allow you to hear speech better.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Mine used to have a noticeable difference when I first bought the Arc.  Unfortunately, after one of the updates (I cannot remember which update), it has not made a difference if it is enabled or not.