Question

Sonos ARC intermittently cuts out

• 25 October 2020
  • 4 replies

• Contributor I
  • 2 replies

I’ve had my Sonos Arc for ~4 weeks and have a recurring problem. About 30% of the time that I turn the ARC with TV as source, the sound on the ARC will go on for about a second, and then off for about 3 seconds. It’s not garbled, it’s just on then off.

I’ve never had this happen from another source. If I switch sources - e.g. Pandora or Spotify - the sound is fine. If I switch back to the TV the problem is still there.

I can fix this by unplugging either the power or the HDMI into the ARC and then plugging it back in. This fixes the ARC for 1-3 days.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

OK thanks for the feedback. Will read the other threads to catch up.

The Frame TV is a known issue to Samsung, if you look in the Home Theater area of this forum, you’ll see a whole thread about that particular TV.  They’ve released several updates, and some updates, based on what I’ve read, have not yet reached all locales. 

I checked the software based on your suggestion, and it was already up to date. This is a brand new Samsung Picture Frame TV.

Sure sounds like an issue in the HDMI CEC hub, which is your TV. Have you checked to see if there is a software update for the TV?