Question

Sonos app "unable to connect to Sonos"

• 4 October 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge

After I upgraded my Sonos Ones (4 of them, 2 pairs) to S2 and downloaded the new app, everything was fine - at first.  About 10 minutes later, the app gives the error message “Unable to connect to Sonos”. 

I connected each of the speakers directly to my router (wired) and everything worked great.  I gave each of them a static IP address.  When I returned the speakers to their respective rooms and now connected to the network wirelessly, it worked fine for ~10 minutes.  My iPad is on the same wireless network.  Interestingly, I can play music on the speakers via my Amazon dots.  Also, these speakers have been working fine for a couple of years without issue until I upgraded the app.  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis.