Answered

Sonos app on my laptop will not work

• 22 December 2020
  • 7 replies

Since I am no longer able to stream my music from my phone, I have tried to do it from my laptop, running Windows 10, fully updated.  However, when I try to do this, the app on my laptop asks to start updating the software on Sonos, then tells me that the update has failed and that there is something wrong.  How this company stays in business is a mystery to me.  Streaming music over the network is dumb when bluetooth is simpler and doesn’t depend on a router.  I’m not ready to give it away and buy a BOSE.

icon

Best answer by John B 22 December 2020, 21:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Sonos make networked, multiroom systems controlled by an app that isn’t a music player. I cannot think of a technology that was less suited to this than Bluetooth.

How are you trying to stream music from your laptop?  Have you set up your Sonos Music Library?

Please look in the Sonos app under System, About My Sonos System.  What version is stated for the controller and what for the speaker(s)?

Version 12.2.2

sonos OS. S2

Just to confirm - it is 12.2.2 for the computer controller and also for the system?

S2 is the operating system not the version..

Do you have a mobile controller and what version is that on?

That was the mobile controller version.
laptop controller version 10.6 

Is that really the version of the Sonos app. If so uninstall it and reinstall from the Sonos website. Connect to existing system. 

Ok that worked.  Reinstalled laptop controller works.  Now just need to figure out how to get streaming stations to work without cutting out.  

@Airgetlam already gave several recommendations in this thread concerning the cutting out. I’d recommend keeping that discussion there.