Answered

Sonos App offline and keeps removing my speakers

• 12 December 2020
  • 12 replies

Hello all!

So this is a super weird issue. I have had 4 SYMFONISK Sono speakers for about 18 months now. These speakers have been phenomenal and have never given my any issues… until today.

Today I noticed that when I opened the Sonos App, it said that it could not connect to Sonos and the icons were all just the pulsating gray loading color. I gave it a few hours because I wasn't using them and it never fixed itself (I assumed it was wifi issues).

I then went through and reset all 4 of my speakers and created a new “system” on the same wifi network.

Now after doing that, I began playing music and only 2 minutes into the first song the music stopped and I began experiencing the SAME issues. This issue also included my products missing under the “System” option in the settings. I have been closing and reopening the apple for some time now and now one of my stereo pairs went from not existing to being “Bedroom (L+?)”. I am not sure why it keeps disconnecting from the products that I JUST connected.

Anyways, please feel free to ask questions. I have NEVER had issues with anything Sonos and I have always loved them but I am baffled by this. I have attempted to troubleshoot it by resetting my router, changing router settings (connecting them directly to the 2.4 ghz network instead of 5 ghz), reseting all speakers and re-adding them, etc.

icon

Best answer by Kylef5993 18 December 2020, 19:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Try unplugging all your Sonos devices from power. Then reboot your router. When the router come back up, plug back in the Sonos devices. Give them a couple of minutes to boot up and reconnect, then open your controller and see if they show up, and then play without issue.

Yup so it works for about 5 minutes and then everything falls apart. You can see that my other room on my system is gone and the bedroom is messed up again.

And only a few minutes later it’s back to this.

Since by unplugging all Sonos devices from power before rebooting your router has proven it isn’t an issue with duplicate IP addresses, my next suspicion is simple wifi interference.

But rather than guessing, it may be better if you were to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it, or post the diagnostic number here for a Community Moderator to pick up.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis.

And now it’s showing that it works but won’t play.

Thanks much for your help. Here’s the diagnostics confirmation number: 33690935.

I’ll call Sonos later today as well

I’m guessing you’ll have to wait till Monday, last time I checked, the phones aren’t manned on weekends. Click on the link I provided, there should be hours listed somewhere in there. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hello there @Kylef5993, thanks for reaching out and thanks for sending a diagnostic report of your system. here what I found out, your speakers are not getting enough bandwidth of signals from your router, It is currently on Wifi channel 2 wherein Sonos recommended Wifi channels are 1,6 and 11. and the two Symfonisk Shelf are getting Bad Cloud health possibly because of the low bandwidth of the connection and that’s the reason why you're getting an error when playing music on the Sonos App. My recommendations would be:

1. Powercycle the two Symfonisk Bookshelf, unplug it for 1-2 minutes from the power source and plug it back in.
  2. Temporarily hardwire one of the speakers to your main router through ethernet cable and then,
  3. Check this article about Change your Sonos system’s wireless channel and change the Wi-Fi channel to 1,6 or 11. then,
  4. You can remove the temporary hardwire connection of the speaker to the router and then resubmit another diagnostic report for us to check for any improvements on the signals. 

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

When go to do this, my app already says channel 11. It’s also grayed out so I can’t change it.

Was able to do it and switched it to channel 1.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Kylef5993, thanks for the update and for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system, It shows that one of the speakers are on Channel 1, but the other 2 is on Channel 11, Also, there is a Home Channel Mismatch detected between Players that’s why the household Netsettings are out of sync. It also detected low bandwidth signal from the router. Kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps. They may request remote access to get into your router settings since it is on channel 8, where the Sonos recommended Wi-Fi channels are 1,6, or 11.

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hi!

Thanks so much for all of your help. Honestly I just completely reset my router and set up my speakers again. I’m not sure exactly what happened to cause all these issues but resetting my router resolved everything.