Sonos app can't find speaker, but speaker has internet access

• 14 September 2019
  • 4 replies

Hello,

I'm a new Sonos user with a single Sonos One connected via wifi. I was originally able to set up the speaker with the app, but have since lost connectivity between the app and speaker. However, it partially works (see below).

Network conditions: I use enterprise quality network gear. The speaker is connected to the proper SSID, has an appropriate IP, and can get access to the internet. Wifi signal is at 97%.

What works:
Alexa commands
Amazon music

What doesn't work:
Sonos app won't connect; can't configure the speaker for the room
Spotify premium can't connect

I have plugged the speaker into an ethernet port for testing and was able to use the app. However, after moving the speaker back to the proper location (that requires wireless), I have lost the functionality again (still can do "what works" above). The speaker and the app are on the same SSID and subnet.

Any ideas as to how I can get this working properly?

Thank you!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I have this exact issue as well. Found no solution. 

I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this issue, and contact Sonos Support to discuss it.

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, but are available Monday through Friday during business hours. Twitter support folks are available 24/7.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.  

Badge

I have this same problem after I upgraded to S2.  How do you run diagnostics if the app isn’t running?

Then just call Sonos.