Skip to main content

I’ve recently had NBN FTTP installed and this included at Netcomm NF20 router. The system is working fine with TV, air conditioning and computers all successfully connecting. 
However, I cannot connect any of my Sonos units to the network. I have a play base, two Sonos One, a roam and a Symphonisk.

I have turned of the 5ghz channel on the router and also 802.11n but still no luck.

Can someone help me please?

I’m pretty sure the Sonos Network Requirements FAQ says b/g/n, and not just n.

Have you tried calling Sonos Support directly to discuss it?

Hi folks,

thanks for the answers. I mistyped and it might not have been clear. I turned off 802.11n so it was only b/g but it still didn’t work. 
will try calling Sonos when they’re online and I’m at home. 

Hi Red,

I have exact same problem . Just upgraded to fttp using same router and having same problem.

No trouble connecting to everything else, just my Sonos Move ? 

I’m reluctant to play around with router settings because …

a/ I don’t know what I’m doing and ..

b/ I don’t want to stuff up the stuff that is working ok with the new router  ie; everything except my Sonos speaker.

I would really appreciate it if you could keep this thread updated on how you (hopefully) resolve this.

Please ignore my above post, I fixed problem.

How? In case someone else stumbles on this thread, looking for some help…

Getting desperate, after a week of no responses, I went against the advice provided on links when using the s2 app which says not to use factory reset as a remedy for connection problems, or words to that effect.

Tried numerous remedies suggested in other threads regarding new router connection troubles, nothing worked.

Fed up, I performed a factory reset on my Sonos Move this morning , opened the S2 app and ran the setup again and connected 1st go.

Took a look at the manual:

Make sure IGMP Snooping is set to Standard and not Blocking.

Make sure LAN side firewall is Off.

There are a lot of other options, but these seem the most obvious that would screw up Sonos.

Also under Wifi settings:

AP Isolation must be Off

Band Steering must be Disabled

Max Clients defaults to 32, increase that if you need it.