Skip to main content

Sonos Connect: Amp 2nd Gen does not turn on. Assuming a hard reset does not restore it to full function how do I get it repaired and how much might it cost to get it repaired?

SONOS does not offer any repair services, but they often offer a trade-in discount for a replacement units. Contact SONOS support to explore this. In Europe there are a few independent repair services offering SONOS repair. I have no experience with these companies.

Many thanks.  Interesting that in the US/North America they seemingly have not adopted a similar set up with one or more authorized 3rd party repair stations. Given the high ticket for many/most of the Sonos items, you’d think they would not be so seemingly uninteresed in follow-up service/maintenance.

The European 3rd party repair companies are not authorized, they have simply decided to repair SONOS. Since SONOS does not provide any service related documentation or parts, a service center must invest a lot of time and trouble developing their own documentation and parts sources. From my seat it seems that most failures are in the power supply and parts are reasonably generic. Processor failures could require specific designs that are factory loaded with firmware. These parts would need to be scavenged from other units.

It is also somewhat difficult to disassemble some units without causing cosmetic damage.

Many thanks.  Definitely not like falling off a log...