Answered

sonos amp turning itself down to 15 on its own

• 16 June 2023
  • 4 replies

all of a sudden my sonos amp is automatically turning itself down  . i turn it up , and it will just go right back to 15. I submitted a diagnosis # 1231294586.

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 16 June 2023, 11:14

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Try unplugging the Amp from power for a couple of minutes and reboot your phone.

Userlevel 7

Just submitting the diagnostic is only the first step. You should call Sonos Tech support to discuss what was transmitted in the diagnostic. Otherwise you’ll be waiting for a response betting that a community moderator will stumble across your post.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @kkness2

As @AjTrek1 has said, a diagnostics is the first step and calling in would be the next as our community members aren’t able to see the contents of diagnostics. It would also be faster as we community moderators may not see your post until much later.

However, I can tell you’re experiencing an amp fault with the Sonos Amp. During an amp fault, the Sonos device will clamp its max volume to 15 to prevent any damage to the device. An amp fault can indicate a hardware failure, but there are troubleshooting steps our team can perform to try to resolve the amp fault without replacing the unit.

I would suggest you reach out to our support team to troubleshoot this issue with them, as they will be able to guide you through the issue step by step and set up a replacement if needed.

I hope this helps!

I seem to be having the exact same issue and my entire system was JUST set up TODAY. 5 amps a mini sub and a new tv (all hooked up to my in wall speakers). First, I was watching TV, wanted to switch to music to hear how my (non Sonos) speakers sound (they’re not great for music) and then i switched back to tv which I’d been watching at a volume of 40 something. Only now i had to turn it up to over 70 just to hear. Weird. But then… i wanted to see if i could hear my TV by adding my bedroom speakers to the mix. I could. That was cool, but then… i couldn’t separate the bedroom speakers back out of the mix so that only the living room speakers were in use. And then the volume down to 15 thing happened. And, of course, it’s saturday, so no one anywhere can help. Good times.