Question

Sonos 2 App.

• 10 November 2020
  • 9 replies

• Contributor I
  • 4 replies

My app very rarely works. It will go for a few days of working fine, then it will stop. When I try and open the app it either opens and freezes instantly, or opens and then closes straight away. My husband has no issues with his so I don’t think there are any issues with our system. I have an iphone on 12.1 which is supposed to be supported by the app. I have deleted the app and re-installed it, I have re-started my phone - neither work.  I can still play music via apple music but am unable to select the speakers in there as they’re jammed in a group via the sonos app. It’s very frustrating! Any suggestions please? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @/sam, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Sorry to know about your issue on the Sonos App. I’ll ask some questions to further check on this issue. 

• When did it start happening for this issue?
  • Does it work on another controller device where you have the Sonos App?
  • Is there any error message that shows up when you open the Sonos App, or it just freezes? 

Answers to these questions will help us further check what could be causing this issue.

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Hi Simon,

It started happening as soon as I downloaded the app. The old app worked fine but the new one didn’t.

The app works fine on my husband’s phone, which is a newer model iphone with newer version of software

There is no error message, it freezes instantly

Thank you

Sam 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @/sam, thanks for the update and for the information that you provided. So that we can check the controller diagnostics in our end, I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue.  We will try to check what could be causing this issue on your device controller. 

Hi Simon,

I can’t do that because the app freezes instantly, so I can’t click on the settings to get the diagnostic report?

Sam 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @/sam, thanks for the update and the information that you provided. We are still not sure why it is only happening on this certain controller. So that we can further check. I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps. They may ask some additional troubleshooting steps and provide options and recommendations on this issue. 

Let me know your thoughts with the advice above.

In the meantime, try a refresh of your local network, as it seems like the controller is having trouble consistently reaching the speakers. Unplug all Sonos devices from power, then reboot your router. When the router comes back up, plug back in the Sonos devices. If you’re using a BRIDGE, leave it unplugged, and put the Ethernet cable in to another Sonos device, temporarily. 

Ok I will try that thank you. In the meantime my Sonos App loaded this morning so I managed to do a diagnostic before it froze: 1095405270

thanks

sam 

I’ve tried and the app still freezes straight away :(

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @/sam, thanks for the update and for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system. Upon checking, I can’t see any issues with the device controller that you’re using. We’ll take this further. I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps.  They may request remote access to check your device controller where you have the Sonos App to see what could be causing this issue.