Skip to main content

Hi,

Please help - Love this community but stuck on a 

I have a Sonos Amp connected to Sonance Mag speakers. Now I have purchased Sonance Rock speakers with a Subwoofer. 

Is it possible to connect the Sonance Rock with Sub to the Sonance Mag in Parallel? 

If I cannot connect the sonance Rock with Sub in Parallel? Is it best to get another sonance Amp? And then should I connect the Sonance Sub directly to the Sub output of the Amp OR can I connect the sub directly to the speakers using the low and high pass filters?

The Sonos Amp needs to see an 8 ohm or 4 ohm load from the speakers.  That means you can connect 1 pair or 2 pair of 8 ohm speakers as shown in the link below.

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/connect-four-speakers-to-your-amp-or-connect-amp

So you would not be able to connect your Mag pair, Rock pair, and sub to a single Sonos amp.  You could connect the Mag pair and Rock pair (assuming they are all 8 ohm) then use the Amps sub output connected to a mono amp that powers your sub.  Or you could get 2 Sonos amps.  Or you could get an impedance matching switching that would allow you to connect everything to the amp.  The later could end up with a drop in performance though.

I think it’s worth noting that Sonance rock speakers (RK83) get down to  40Hz, while thier sub RK10W WOOFER gets down to 35Hz.   Up to you whether the extra 5Hz is worth it.

Maybe ask on the Sonance forums?

The Sonos Amp can drive two 8 Ohm speakers on each channel. Not sure about the Sonance sub.