Skip to main content
Question

setting up sonos connect S15

• 20 July 2024
  • 1 reply

2days of frustrated time spent trying te set up this device. 

I did more than one complete reset of the device, but still, it is not possible to set up this f***** thing. 

First, the temporary connection was lost each time, during the set up process. 

then, if I managed to get past this obstacle, the device needed an update. Which it couldn’t do. So the connection was lost again and I had to start over. 

Then, I tried with an Ethernet cable directly into the Sonos connect. 
That worked, I set everything up. 
But when I move the connect to the place where it needs to be, without Ethernet, the wifi network and password was apparently not stored on the device. 

In the app, I ve tried turning wifi on and off (whilst on te Ethernet cable). There seems to not be a possibility to go into the connect settings, to tell the device what the correct wifi settings (ssid en password) is. 

can anyone help?

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

While this may be an unpopular response, my suggestion is to use what works for you even if its a bit inconvenient right now.

I have a Connect S15 that my turntable is connected to. Fortunately for me, i was able to run a few ethernet lines to rooms where I wanted an ethernet connection. I have 11 speakers, 5 of them are hardwired, and I have no connection issues. 

While Sonos is marketed as a wireless solution, the devices with an ethernet port, I tried to hardwire because it is more stable than a wireless connection. This has worked for me for many years and while other struggle and complain about connection issues, my system is stable.

Instead of complaining, start enjoying you Connect by using something like this to connect it to your network.