Answered

Samsung eArc HDMI Unable to Detect Sonos Arc

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

27 replies

I bought a QE55 back in August to use with my Sonos Arc, as I wanted Dolby Atmos. When I set it up, I had an issue with the tv not recognizing the Sonos and repeatedly telling me that it was connected to the wrong HDMI port and to use the eArc port, which I was!

After  2 hours of chat with Samsung, the directed me to Sonos, then after another 2 hours with them, I eventually got it work after changing several tv settings.

I had to move the tv a few weeks ago and guess what? The issue is back again and I cannot get the tv to recognize the Sonos Arc.

I have chatted with Samsung again who told me to go back to Sonos, Sonos told me they had carried out diagnostic checks and the soundbar was working perfectly, but there was an issue with the tv eArc hdmi port not reconizing the soundbar.

The message on screen reads... Receiver (HDMI) Your audio device is connected to a port that does not support ARC. Please connect your device to the HDMI 2 (ARC) port.

This is my set up:

HDMI 1 - BT Tv Box

HDMI 2 (ARC) - Sonos Arc

HDMI 3 - Sony Bravia Blu Ray Player

I have tried rebooting and resetting the tv and setting up from scratch, but no luck. I've also disconnected all devices and reset the tv, then just tried connecting the Sonos to HDMI port 2, but still the same issue. Also tried 3 different HDMI cables.

It appears there is an issue with the HDMI port 2?

Any help  appreciated.

Still broken for me on my Q80 model from 2019. I tried all the steps in this post. Used the Sonos HDMI cable, an Amazon Basics HDMI cable, reboots, resets, etc. No joy.

The Q80’s also not compatible with my Fire TV, my Bose home theater system (Samsung tech says 10 yrs old is too old), iOS devices via HDMI, Apple TV, Sonos Arc, nor a Samsung BluRay player (!). Whatever it is, you plug it in, and the TV has no idea what to do with it.

For the Sonos Arc, searching for device by brand and then model doesn’t return any results.

Samsung tech came out, played with it for an hour or so, then replaced the TV main board, worked on it another hour, and gave up.

Two years later, and one TV firmware update, and it still doesn’t have Sonos Arc listed in models it supports.

Meanwhile, the Samsung computer monitor I got around the same time is also trash, and I swore off buying Samsung devices. Then I got a Samsung USB drive, thinking it was the best option available at the time, and they probably couldn’t get that wrong, but it’s physical design is poor and has compatibility issues. I wouldn’t trust them to make a cable at this point.