S1 Connect:Amp update issues

• 13 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi so I am trying to update my connect amp I have tried everything to do it moved my unit next to the router, hardwired, multiple phones, my computer, and reset it reset all my products and just tried to do that one item. even disconnected and tried an entirely new account and nothing at all just keeps giving me a 1013 error and will not do anything.

I can't update it at all. Tried calling Sonos and they had no help really. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @Kidder090, welcome to the Sonos Community!

Please refrain from any further factory resets, as valuable information used for troubleshooting is lost in the process.

I was not able to find any cases using your email from our community so I’m not sure what was advised during your call with Sonos Support.

I’m sharing with you the following Support Article, please have a look: Error 1013 when updating Sonos.

How old is your Connect:Amp and when was the last time you were able to successfully interact it? Have you done any recent changes to your network equipment?

Since you’ve already factory reset your Connect:Amp and also tried with a newly created account, makes me think it is related with your network setup.

Please make sure that you meet the Sonos system requirements and do a quick check on Supported WiFi modes and security standards for Sonos products.

I would recommend giving Sonos Support another try for some live troubleshooting, but feel free to reply here with any questions you may have.

I hope this helps.

I used it a month ago and when the new update came out it stopped the ability to do anything. I have tried multiple times to update even went to a friend's house and tried on they network and their account same error and I even tried to downgrade it to s1 and got an error saying it couldn't downgrade... This thing was way too much money and way to much money to upgrade to a new one for it to quit... Is the s1 connect:Amp no longer supported and this is the way of shutting then down quietly? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

So a bit more about your network setup could help others help you.

You own an S2 capable Connect amp (why else would you want to downgrade it to S1 if it isn’t on S2 now), that must be at least four years and possibly seven years old. An S1 Connect amp would be at least seven years old. I agree that a four year old device failing is very early. A seven years old device failing would be kind of early too, depending on how you’ve used it. In all cases it is out of warranty though.

Sonos might offer you a discount on a new Amp or you look for a used Amp.

I find your last remark a bit paranoid. Are you really saying you expect Sonos breaks older equipment to make people stop using S1, so they can stop supporting S1 “quietly”? If you look at companies that way, you should, for example, not drive a car anymore……