Question

removing update

• 22 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Hiya

I have a Play 1, 3, 5 (first gen) have updated controller to Sonos 2 and now my Play5 won’t link up.

How can I undo this so I can carry on using S1 controller and all my speakers will work together?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Sbawillis.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! Let me check it for you.

While we don’t recommend downgrading your products to S1 after updating to S2, it is possible to downgrade by resetting the S2 products to their factory settings and adding them to an existing S1 system. An existing Sonos product running S1 software is required to downgrade an S2 product back to S1. Note that all settings and preferences will be lost when downgrading a product from S2 to S1.

Alternatively, you may reach out to Sonos Support so we can continue working with you on this in real-time. I suggest our phone team for they have more resources available on their system for advanced troubleshooting, and the tools our agents can use would be very useful in this case.

If you have any questions,  feel free to reach out.