Question

removing bridge after updating to S2

• 15 October 2020
  • 3 replies

I didn’t get the memo early enough about removing my Bridge before upgrading to S2, so I have updated to S2, but the Bridge is still connected to my system.  I tried to use the removal tool I read about but I don’t seem to have it (in fact, when I click “Settings” and then “System” on the S2 app I don’t see “System Tools” at all, nor “Remove Products”).  Can anyone help? Can I just disconnect my Bridge manually, or is that a problem?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Just unplug the Bridge, factory reset it, and dispose of it sensibly.

If you want to continue with SonosNet mode then wire another device, otherwise you can try using your router’s WiFi instead.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @megmeg.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community. I totally understand where you're coming from and I'll be here to help Since you already update the speakers to S2.

Yes you can remove the bridge from the router and much better if you can buy Sonos Boost “updated version of bridge”

Or you can hardwire one of the speaker directly to the router for you to have Sonosnet.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Thanks for your help, guys!  Much appreciated.