Answered

Rattle from One struggling with bass

• 21 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

My kitchen pair of One’s in stereo are Trueplayed and modestly set on bass/treble, but one of the speakers has an audible rattle whenever anything too bassy or loud passes through it. I’ve tried turning Trueplay off but it’s the same. I would guess that this is a hardware issue. Being at least a couple of years old, is this anything Sonos are likely to help me with or am I stuck with my faulty One!? Thanks for your help.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 21 September 2021, 20:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Kind of depends on how old the One is, and exactly what kind of rattle it is. No real way for the community to have a real inkling, your best bet is to call Sonos Support directly to discuss it. They’re pretty much the only ones who can figure out how they’ll end up dealing with it, which would be anywhere from “it’s not our fault” to “we’ll replace it”, depending on many of those variables. 

Before you call, it probably wouldn’t hurt to recreate the issue, and then system diagnostic so they have some hard data to look at. 

Badge

Ok, thanks for your response. I’ll get in touch with them.

joe

Userlevel 1
Badge

My guess is that the midrange/bass speaker has died. It can be that the voice coil has failed or the rubber surround of the speaker has ripped due to fatigue/age. I have replaced them, but they are very hard to find.