Skip to main content

My Sonos Amp (connected to an LG TV using HDMI ARC) appears to randomly mute the sound output without any user intervention.
It usually mutes about 8-10 min into playing:
The sound cuts out, the Amp’s green light comes on for about a second, immediately turns off again, and the sound comes back. This whole spiel repeats about 5 min later.

Yes, everything is on the latest software, there are no neighbours having fun with my setup, no apps are interfering. It appears to happen just by itself. And only just started about two weeks ago out of the blue.

Any solutions?

I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

Hey, Bruce, 
Thanks for your help.
I did this just now - and here is SONOS’ reply:

I've taken the time to review the diagnostic results, and they align with the known issue our team is actively investigating.

I want to assure you that we are putting our best efforts into resolving this, but currently, we don't have a specific timeframe (ETA).

It appears to be a “know issue” … and they are somehow working on it.

Fingers crossed.

Did you ever get an answer to this? My setup is an LG TV to Sonos Amp over ARC and it’s doing the same thing!

So - not sure if it helps but support just solved my issue. It was the wired internet connection not connection to Sonosnet and this was causing dropouts. All reset and all good. 

In my case, it appears a software update (or something server-side with Sonos) took care of the issue. 

Solid Green light accompanies Mute.