Skip to main content

Hello, I have a setup in my home with 5 outdoor speakers connected to my Sonos amp all with wire through the walls and conduits (was done during the remodel stage).

I connect it wirelessly via phones for music easily.

i want to buy an outdoor projector which will be able to connect to the system, and I’m pretty lost on how I can do it.

any recommendations?

Do you want surround sound outside?

I already have the surround system set up and working via Spotify on my phone etc.

i want to buy projector that I’ll be able to connect to the system

Simply connecting five speakers to a SONOS AMP does not achieve surround sound because AMP is a two channel device.

Typically you’ll need to provide an HDMI-ARC or HDMI-eARC connection between the projector and the AMP if you want surround sound with the projector. This AMP will support the front L/R channels. A second AMP will support the rear L/R channels. The front AMP will generate a “phantom” front center channel.

If all of the sources are back in the closet, you’ll need a video source selector for the projector and an HDMI-ARC audio extractor for the AMP’s.

Running long HDMI cables can be fraught with issues and the technology is changing. Consulting with a pro might be a good idea.

I saw that Apple TV can be connected wirelessly is it the case ?

Apple TV is a video source that must be wired to a TV or projector input. Apple TV can connect to the local network or phone/pad/computer wirelessly.