Question

products separated into two different “Family Rooms”

• 24 October 2020
  • 2 replies

I was trying to add Amp to my “Family Room”. I was adding the Amp to connect wired speakers to my TV setup. The house actually also has speakers prewired in a games room and outside on the patio all connected to a hardwired switch box.

When I clicked “Add product”, it found the amp but instead of Amp being part of my Family Room set up (including play bar, sub and a pair of one speakers) it appears in “Family Room 2”, with no other products. And the sound is perhaps consequently not coming out of the connected wired in speakers. 

My question is how do I remove this Family Room 2 or at least get the Amp to be part of Family Room where all the other Sonos components are. Or is there some other reason that the Amp is not functioning and playing the sound into the different rooms?

It’s a complicated issue I know. Thanks.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

With Sonos “rooms” are speakers or sets of speakers (speakers combined in surround or stereo sets). To add an Amp to an existing room it would have to be bonded as surround. This can only be done if there’ s a soundbar in the room and no other surrounds have been bonded.

As I read you post you already have surround speakers in your family room, so bonding an Amp will not be possible. The Amp will be set up as a different room, as it has done with you. Question is, do you want surround from the Amp, or full sound? As I read your post you want full sound from your TV to the speakers wired to your Amp. This can be achieved by grouping Family Room 2 to Family Room. Grouping will add 70ms delay, but it is very personal if you would notice this, especially in other parts of your home.

Thank you. I will try grouping the two family rooms. I will post back here when I get a chance to try this.