problems when wireless 1s are connected to group

• 26 November 2020
  • 1 reply

I have 11 Sonos devices. 9 are connect amps all connected via Ethernet and a switch to the router. 2 are Sonos 1s connected wirelessly. All of the Amps play nicely no matter the grouping, and can be added/removed/controlled perfectly. When I add the 1s to any group of Amps—-many problems. It struggles to get added to the group, requiring several tries. Once connected, problems adding songs to the queue, problems starting a station, and if it does start the 1s cut in and out. 

I also have a playbar Ethernet cornnrcted and the Sub wireless. 

suggestions?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

This suggests wireless interference. Standard advice is to use only channels 1, 6, or 11 and 20MHz channels for your WiFi. You will, of course, be captive to the general WiFi environment. In a polluted environment there can be issues. Changing channels might help. My own environment is terrible. Sometimes I’ll have all or mostly red cells. On rare occasions I’ll have a few green cells. There are some polluters nearby.

Go to http://[IP address of a player]:1400/support/review. All of your players will be visible here. At the bottom of the list, click on “Network Matrix”. Red cells indicate units that are struggling with their wireless. Most of your cells will be gray because you are mostly wired.

You can submit a diagnostic, post the confirmation number here, and have SONOS staff comment on your wireless environment. They have access to more data than regular citizens like us.