Answered

Problem with upgrade to S2

• 3 July 2020
  • 3 replies

I have successfully updated to S2 version 12.0.1 by my iPhone. The problem is that i can't update the app on my MAC. When I start the app I get the information that I must update to S2 but when I push the update button nothing happen. I then found out that I am running 11.1 on the MAC and tried to upgrade to 11.2 first. But that does not work either. It downloads the upgrade but during “update the controller” I get an error “unexpected failure” 

How could I solve this?

And another secondary question, I got the answer from the Swedish support contact that I could start a live chat with SONOS support, but I can't find how I start that?

icon

Best answer by pwt 3 July 2020, 12:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

When using Sonos, it says a new version is available. Great. Click the button to update. Spinning wheel happens. Then I get the nonhelpful Network Problem Detected message. 

yes- rebooted everything. The v1 app works fine but not the upgrade. 

suggestions?

Thanks! :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Just download the macOS S2 controller directly from: https://www.sonos.com/redir/controller_software_mac2, and install it.

Note that you can have both S1 and S2 controller apps installed. If your speakers are all on S2, you’ll probably want to delete the S1 app.