Answered

Problem with upgrade to S2

• 3 July 2020
  • 3 replies

I have successfully updated to S2 version 12.0.1 by my iPhone. The problem is that i can't update the app on my MAC. When I start the app I get the information that I must update to S2 but when I push the update button nothing happen. I then found out that I am running 11.1 on the MAC and tried to upgrade to 11.2 first. But that does not work either. It downloads the upgrade but during “update the controller” I get an error “unexpected failure” 

How could I solve this?

And another secondary question, I got the answer from the Swedish support contact that I could start a live chat with SONOS support, but I can't find how I start that?

icon

Best answer by pwt 3 July 2020, 12:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Just download the macOS S2 controller directly from: https://www.sonos.com/redir/controller_software_mac2, and install it.

Note that you can have both S1 and S2 controller apps installed. If your speakers are all on S2, you’ll probably want to delete the S1 app.

Thanks! :)

When using Sonos, it says a new version is available. Great. Click the button to update. Spinning wheel happens. Then I get the nonhelpful Network Problem Detected message. 

yes- rebooted everything. The v1 app works fine but not the upgrade. 

suggestions?