Skip to main content

I had a brief power outage yesterday. When it came back, all of my playlists now say that the songs can’t play because they are not encoded properly. I have rebooted the modem, router, and Sonos arc several times with no luck. Are there any fixes? It would take me days to delete and replace these lists. Would greatly  appreciate any advice! Note: All songs are from Amazon Music.

Do you just have the one Sonos ‘Room’ in your setup? - I appreciate you have a Sub and the One SL’s but are they all bonded together? If so, then maybe try this:

• Unbond the surrounds and Sub from the Arc and see if playing your playlists work to either the One SL speakers and/or the Arc - if not then, reset your Sonos App only and on re-opening the App choose to connect it to the ‘existing’ system and then try again.
  • If the above doesn’t work try removing the Amazon Music Service from your Sonos App and adding it back to the App.
  • If either of the options above works, then power off the Arc (but leave it off for a few minutes) - power it back on and then try bonding back the surrounds and Sub and then see if that now also works for you.

If all fails, I would suggest submitting a Sonos diagnostic report after it fails to play a number of your playlists and to contact Sonos Support via this LINK

Thanks so much for the response!

Yes, I have the arc, sub, and two One SLs bonded in one room. I also have a Move and the lists also do not work with it. Otherwise, my TV works fine and when I tried adding a new song, it worked normally.

I am not with my system right now, but will definitely try your suggestions later today. I will let you know how it went. Thanks once again!

The fact the playlists are also not working with the Move - I would first try powering off ALL your Sonos products again, including the Move, for a couple of minutes. Then remove the Amazon Music Service from the Sonos App and then add it back/reauthorise it again …and then if that doesn’t work, try resetting the Sonos App, before trying the other things mentioned. I suspect it’s just a software issue, but let’s see how it goes.

Thanks again for the second set of possible fixes. I tried them all with no luck. I called Sonos and sent the diagnostics. They told me that is a known issue after a power outage and that they will have it fixed soon. Unfortunately for me, my music files were corrupted and I have to add them back manually. I already mentally prepared myself, so that is what I’ll have to do.

I want to thank you again for taking the time to offer the technical help. If nothing else, it gave me a lot more experience with my system and I will know what to try if another situation arises.

All the best and stay safe!