Answered

Playbar audio form only one speaker

• 11 November 2022
  • 2 replies

I have a Playbar connected to a TV via optical connection. It is in a surround setup with two rear speakers connected through a newer amp. I noticed today when I put my ear to the playbar it sounds like there is audio only coming from one of the 9 speakers in the middle. Is this normal or is there anything I can do?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 11 November 2022, 02:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

It depends on the source, it could be that when you’re placing your ear against the PLAYBAR, the only thing being exercised by the source is the center channel. 

Try streaming some music, which will play on the left and right set of speakers, and not the center, to check if those other speakers are working. And contact Sonos support, they’d likely have other suggestions.

Oh, you may want to double check both the audio settings on the TV, in addition to any device connected to the TV as a source, and make sure they’re set to send a Dolby Digital 5.1 signal, when one is available. Since optical is a one way transmission, there’s no opportunity for Sonos to use CEC.