Play:1 speakers won't play Tidal

• 23 January 2021
  • 2 replies

I’m trialling Tidal Hi-Fi. It works on all of my systems except my Play;1 speakers. I use Sonos S2 OS, and my three receivers are connected with Port and Connect: Gen 2 boxes: they play Tidal Hi-Fi fine. A Sonos One speaker does too. But my Play:1 speakers in two different locations in the house won’t play Tidal. They’re S2-compatible and play Apple Music, but not Tidal. My iPad, iMac and Sonos OS’s are all up-to-date.

Before I replace the Play:1 speakers with Sonos One SL speakers and spend yet more $$ on Sonos, any suggestions?

Thanks,

Don Carter

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

The Play:1s should work fine for Tidal. It is of course FLAC, so requires 3-4 times as much network bandwidth as Apple Music. It could be that your wireless is struggling.

I suggest you submit a system diagnostic and post the confirmation number so someone from Support can inspect the internals.

Thanks ratty. Wifi speedtest is 50mb/sec down, and everything else works fine but the Play:1s, so not likely a signal bandwidth issue.

I’ve  now sent a diagnostic report to Sonos #666919943. Thanks for the suggestion.