Skip to main content

Hello. The 3.5” driver foam on a Play:1 speaker has cracked. I believe this was a common problem. I want to replace the entire driver. Does anyone know of a direct replacement? NB that the (4) hole pattern of the driver’s frame is (oddly) 72 x 77mm. Codes I have found on this driver are: (front, in the rubber surround) SONOS 405-00314 REV A CAV 31; (rear, on a small white sticker) 180-00057 PHWP17102602185

“Common problem”?  I’ve been reading this forum for well over 15 years, and this is the very first time I recall this problem being posted. 

Likewise, I don’t remember any previous reports. These are custom drivers and SONOS does not sell parts for these units. It’s possible that this is a standard surround that you may be able to replace.

I think that the most practical plan would be to purchase a unit that has failed for another reason and scavenge the driver.

Have you checked any companies that specialize in driver repair?

I’d hit ebay or the like for a “parts only” deal that has failed electronics and a good speaker.

My first ebay hit for “play 1 parts only” had failed electronics and a $50 price.

Personally I’d take the trade-in on the Play 1 and my $50 and get a new speaker unless you really have to have a Play 1.