PC to TV to Beam 2 Audio Issues

• 3 December 2021
  • 1 reply

I have my Gaming PC plugged in to my TV using a AudioQuest Pearl 48 HDMI, which my Sonos Beam 2 is plugged in to via eARC HDMI port. I can play games with the sound coming through my Beam 2 for about an hour then the audio quality starts to drop in quality and distort like it’s playing through a cheap toy speaker, before dropping completely and being reduced to bassy crackles.

When pausing my game the audio comes back for a period of time, although still not great before having the same issue. Quickest fix is turning my Beam 2 off and on again at the plug, but this doesn’t seem great fix to me.

All devices are wired in to my network and not using Wifi. I haven’t had this problem watching content on my tv… yet. So guessing it is something to do with my PC?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Have you tried using a different HDMI cable from the PC to the TV? Or connecting the PC to a different HDMI port on the TV? You might also try disabling eARC in the TV settings.