Answered

Outdoor sonos speaker volume control

• 3 February 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I have two monitor audio ceiling speakers setup in my outbuilding with a Sonos Amp and Sonos sub.  The system sounds awesome! I would now like to add 2 additional outdoor speakers to the system and would like to limit the volume of this set independently of the indoor speakers.  

Is there a speaker pair that I can buy where I can restrict the volume on the speaker itself?  I just wanted the ability to have a low outdoor speaker volume.

I understand Sonos doesn’t allow the independent control of different speaker pairs…

thanks 

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 3 February 2023, 09:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Not sure if any of these can be placed outdoors, but there are volume controls for passive speakers: https://www.amazon.com/passive-volume-control/s?k=passive+volume+control

I do not think it is technically possible for Sonos to provide independant volume control to two different sets of speakers that are connected to the same speaker ports on the Amp...