Answered

Not all Sonos speakers show online in Eero app

• 10 May 2023
  • 3 replies

I have one Eero Pro 6 router which is wired to my modem (Arris).

My home theater is Sonos Arc + Sub Mini + 2 Era 100; the Arc connects wirelessly to my Eero router; the other speakers, I assume, connect wirelessly through the Arc.

In the Eero app, only the Sonos Arc shows as online; the other three speakers only show as “Recently online” — they briefly showed up in the Eero app as “new device” when I plugged in the Sub Mini and the two Era 100s, but shortly after, Eero “demoted” them to “recently online” — even BEFORE I added them to my Arc as home theater setup.

I don’t understand why they don’t show as online in the Eero app.

FYI: I used to have two Sonos Play 1 connected to my Arc until recently. Both Play 1s showed up in the Eero app as online. Before I upgraded to the Era 100s, I removed the Play 1s from my Arc home theater setup and then unplugged them to replace them with the Era 100s.

Not sure what’s going on with my setup — any ideas/thoughts?

FWIW: Surround sound is working when watching movies.

FYI: I tried rebooting the Eero router, unplugged and replugged the Sonos speakers, disconnected all my devices from Wifi and then reconnected them — to no avail — both Era 100s and the Sub Mini don’t come back online in the Eero app.

icon

Best answer by buzz 10 May 2023, 06:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

The surrounds and MINI use a private 5GHz link to ARC. After initial setup they will not often bother the EERO. They will fetch an IP address from EERO.

@buzz : thanks for the quick reply. Nothing to worry then, I guess. 

Multiple SONOS rooms can be an issue because EERO might put them on separate subnets.