Answered

No sound from connect

• 10 May 2023
  • 6 replies

I have a turntable and cd player feeding into an amplifier attached to a Connect module. The app indicates that music is being played but there is no sound. Can anyone suggest why this is happening?

icon

Best answer by buzz 10 May 2023, 06:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

What happens when you connect just the CD player directly to the CONNECT’s line in? Are you running S1 or S2? Can you stream music to the CONNECT, and it is only the line in that isn’t working? What did Sonos support say when you submitted a diagnostic report, and called in?

Hi Bruce. Connected the cd direct to the Connect and it worked. Just not on the room I had selected which to me indicates I may need to reset how the components are configured. Will see if the same thing happens with the Phono. Thank you for the advice. I'm running S2 and I think things went awry after an upgrade from S1. 

I switched from a Yamaha stereo system to the Sonos for the wifi convenience. My software engineer son Jahan  loves my old  Yamaha but I struggle with the modern tech. Shame we live a long way from each other.  Any other advice would be gratefully received. Paul

Don’t Factory Reset anything without further consult.

Not sure if I could. 

SONOS is different from your YAMAHA. Inputs (Line-In, music services, or TV’s) and outputs (Line-Out, or speakers) are simply resources on the network. Any input can play on any combination of outputs. Each SONOS lone player, paired players, or surround system becomes a “Room”. Rooms can be “Grouped” to play the same music.

The turntable will be associated with a Room. Your confusion results from the Yamaha era where everything was attached to the same box. First pick a room where you want to listen, Group more rooms if you like, then pick a source. Line-In(s) will be listed as a music source. 

Thanks Buzz. Just beginning to understand that. Thought I had to have a separate room for the  Connect but the line in can work for all rooms. 

Thanks guys.