Question

New Sonos AMP sound not working

• 10 October 2020
  • 1 reply

I recently deployed an AMP to drive ceiling speakers in my kitchen (it is one of 4 AMP units amongst other Sonos gear I have). When originally deployed it all worked just fine and has been used several times.

I tried to play the kitchen today and whilst I can see the Kitchen AMP in the AP (S2) and the app says it is playing, I can stop/start the tracks, change the music, change the volume (on the app at least if not in reality) but there is no sound at all coming from the speakers. I have rebooted the unit (and waited 60 seconds before powering back up) but still no joy. The speaker cables are still connected as originally set……..I am at a loss. 

Thoughts appreciated……..

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Rob155M, thank you for reaching us and welcome to the Sonos Community. 

I appreciate your detailed post outlining the issue as well as the steps that you did. I do understand how you feel right now, let me help and try to figure this out.

I’ll be asking questions to isolate the issue so we can create a path towards resolution.

• What is the light status on your Sonos Amp to determine if your Amp is connected?
  • Is it wired to your router or connected to your WiFi network? Is there any difference when you play music?
  • Are you experiencing this on all your music services to isolate the issue?
  • Have you tried rebooting your network, Sonos devices, and your mobile controller to refresh the connection?
  • Are you using an iOS or Android device? What is the model and software version?

Please submit a diagnostic report of your system and reply back with the confirmation number. This will allow us to see how your system is functioning, and help provide a resolution.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

We'll wait for your reply.