Answered

New Router issues

• 30 November 2020
  • 6 replies

Badge

Hi all, help please! I have a Play Bar, Sub, and 2 x Ones (Gen 2). My play bar and sub are connected to my Samsung QLED. My ones were connected via wifi. Happy days. I could also use Amazon Music and Alexa with it. 

Now, I have a new router; a 3 Broadband Router (Huawie)  much faster than Sky. A breeze I thought to reconnect everything as it was. Well, it hasn’t gone according to plan! Only the play bar is working (I suspect only because it’s p,ugh Ed directly into the TV)  I cannot get the sub nor the ones to connect to the new router even with the Ethernet cable. Clearly I’m doing something wrong but I’ve followed the advice to the letter and still nothing. Any advice please?

icon

Best answer by Chiefy57 3 December 2020, 02:27

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Chiefy57.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I’d be more than glad to assist you with this concern.

Your Sonos system needs updated network information after you’ve replaced your router. This article will help you connect your Sonos system to a new router or to a new WiFi network.

NOTE: If you have more than one Sonos product in your system, this process will require you to temporarily connect a Sonos speaker to your router with an Ethernet cable.

I’d need to check also if there’s a known issue or an additional configuration is needed, may I have the make and model number of the new router? This article provides a list of networking equipment that is incompatible with Sonos.

I’m looking forward to assisting you further from here.

If you may have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out,  we are always here to help.

Badge

Hi, Thankyou. Es, the router I have is a Huawei B535.

Badge

I have tried using the Ethernet cable from my Sonos one into the router but it doesn’t pick it up so I am stuck!

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Chiefy57.

Thanks for your response.

I check this specific router on the website and according to the Huawei consumer page, this is an LTE router.

Using wireless internet connections such as satellite, mobile hotspots, or LTE routers is one of the unsupported network setups and devices.

You can check more details on this article that provides the requirements for setting up and using S1 and S2 Sonos systems. 

If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to reach out.

Badge

Hi Annazel, I chatted to your online chat help this afternoon and he very kindly got my system online by connecting my Playbar to the router by cable. It then all worked but like you, he said I would most probably have a problem once I removed the cable. Glad to say its still working!! If it stops, I have no choice but to move my router near my play bar and connect it via Ethernet to guarantee my Sonos works. Until then, I consider myself lucky so far and long may it continue. Thankyou for your assistance.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Chiefy57.

Thanks for your response and update.

I’m glad to hear that it’s already working, and a temporary wired connection does the trick.

I appreciate your patience working through this.

If you have any questions or concerns,  feel free to reach out.

Cheers!