Question

New Amp always disconnected from app, no Airplay sound.

• 10 October 2020
  • 1 reply

Brand new to the Sonos world and very excited to be here!  But having a bit of difficulty… 

My new Sonos Amp is driving three sets of traditional (not sonos, airplay etc) in-ceiling speakers, each set with its own volume control. They are connected to a Russound zone controller that sits right next to the Amp. Pretty straightforward; well aware of the sound cutoff at high volume from previous setups. 

Airplay was working fine at first. The Amp shows up on my phone as an Airplay option, and I can select it and on the phone. Music… magic! But a couple of days later… the song now shows progress on my phone as if it’s playing - but there’s no sound from the speakers. When I go to the Amp and tap the volume up/down buttons, the ticking sound comes through the speakers very clearly (and gets louder/quieter), so the wiring connection is fine. Here's the best part - it works fine with my wife’s iPhone. Same exact iPhone 11.     

Obviously an AirPlay2 issue. I’m now looking for tips on how to get AirPlay to straighten up and fly right. Any ideas?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @LL Tool J.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your very detailed post here outlining your concern, let me help and try to figure this out.

When the issue occurs, kindly submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app using the affected device/controller, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system as well as the status of the devices to see if there’s anything under the hood that could possibly cause the issue.

You may check our support article about Streaming AirPlay audio to Sonos for more information.

I’m looking forward to assisting you further from here.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out,  we are always here to help.