Answered

need a set up for living room and patio

• 29 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello!  I need Sonos suggestions for the following requirements.

Music for my living room that opens into a patio and pool.  So, i need to play music in my living room only sometimes, sometimes only outdoors in the patio and sometimes both.  There’s not TVs involved.

So, ideally in the living room i need an amp and speakers. it’s a large space and i wouldn’t mind ceiling speaker solutions.  is a soundbar a good idea with a sub and satellite ceiling speakers?  is there a limit to how many speakers i can add?  

For the patio i need weatherproof speakers for sure.  will the same amp be able to power all the speakers?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by buzz 29 April 2024, 18:55

View original

2 replies

Soundbars are for TVs. Depending on the size of the areas and number of speakers, I would recommend one AMP for inside and one for outside speakers. For large areas and many speakers more AMP’s might be needed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

If you go with one Amp you could hook six Sonos/Sonance speakers to it, only four if you use other speakers.

If you think four would be enough for the living room, maybe the 8” ones, you might get by with just the one Amp and a speaker switch to turn the outside ones on and off. Might want one with a volume control for the outside ones.

With two Amps you could have up to six in the living room, the same outside plus independent volume control and each could play different music.