Answered

My Husband updated our system to S2 and we don't have any S2 compatible - now I can't update anything

• 21 May 2021
  • 3 replies

We have a bridge, a Sonos Play 5, 2 Sonos Play 3 and and a Play 1

My husband upgraded to S2 - not realising he should not and told me that 3 of the rooms had stopped working.

I could see that 3 of the components had upgraded to S2 (Excluding Play 5 and Bridge)

So I have reset the 3 back to factory settings and I can seem them on the wifi network

However, despiite the fact that I can see Bridge and Play 5 from the Sonos controller 

1. I cannot add back the 3 reset components
  2. Each time I try to do this I am told update needed, then I see update problem

I was with support for 3 hours last night and no solution in sight

any suggestions on what to do

I have not changed my Reuter in any way - although I have restarted it and both the Bridge and Play 5 last night

icon

Best answer by JoStokes 21 May 2021, 13:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

As I got great help from Sonos Support I am going to post an update here so others can see it

Turns out that i needed to go to system → system tools → system compatibility check - > Learn More 

And it shows if any of your system is not compatible with S2

You then click continue using S1 and the system then lets you update again S1

I am very relieved my Sonos is back working 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Well done, Sonos Support!

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

I think your husband was trying to force you guys to get all new equipment. Father’s day is coming up after all. 😀