Skip to main content

My setup is

• playbar, sub, 2x play1
  • 4x play3

This is a wired setup, as the playbar and one of the play3’s has been wired.

All have their own mac address defined in central dhcp server and will receive a fixed ip address when rebooting. The Sonos system is reachable using the Mac OSX S2.app and works fine

Ever since is have been forced to change WiFi network do to moving house, the whole system cannot be found on any mobile (iOS/Android) S1 or S2 controller.

Even the hints to get into the system do not work.

What is the best way to get my mobile devices connected to my Sonos system

Any help would be appreciated

fyi

The tips in https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1061?language=en_US are not working for either of the two S1 or S2 app. I am getting into an endless loop of Q and A :-((

Where are you in the world (i.e UK, USA etc).

How is your network setup:

1. Modem/Router
  2. Modem/Router/Access Points or Range Extenders
  3. Mesh (i.e. Main router with Satellites 

Refrain from Factory Reset without further consult.

Stay with the S2 controller. I suggest that you uninstall both controllers from your phone/pad and install a fresh copy of S2.

As AjTrek1 suggests, we need to know more about your network details.

I am located in NL.

network:

• 2 sonos devices wired to 1G switch
  • all other Sonos devices reachable over WiFi, ping to theiur respective ip addresses confirm
  • WiFi access points (Aruba IAP-105) as flat network, all with wired connections to same switch
  • switch connected to firewall device, acting as a router between LAN and two WANs
  • firewall device connected to two internet providers

This setup has been running smoothly for many years. Loss of WiFi credentials forced me to created a new WiFi network.

these are the open tcp ports on the playbar:

[fd0@mini-pc ~]$ nc -vzw 1 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 1-65535 2>&1|grep -v refused
Connection to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 1400 port [tcp/cadkey-tablet] succeeded!
Connection to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 1410 port [tcp/hiq] succeeded!
Connection to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 1443 port [tcp/ies-lm] succeeded!
Connection to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 1843 port [tcp/netopia-vo5] succeeded!
[fd0@mini-pc ~]$

I haven’t checked udp

I have checked all my sonos devices. A had removed S1 and S2 from iPhone and reinstalled S2.

When trying to find an existing system the new S2 app shows all sonos devices i have in the network. Somehow it is able to determine which sonos devices are present. When S2 app is then trying to configure one of my sonos devices, S2 shows to connect to sonos device.  After that S2.app will try to temporary connect to sonos device over WiFi and iPhone popup shows “Connect to SONOS (Cancel or OK)” When pressing OK, message appears “Cannot connect to WiFi network SONOS”

This “SONOS” WiFi network does not show on the list of available WiFi networks on any WiFi enabled device, like laptop or other phone.

• How will I be able to connect to my existing Sonos network
  • what is the reason not to factory reset all devices one by one and re-establish my network?

thanks

If you mean Sonosnet by "WiFi Network Sonos” - this network is invisible for other devices. 

As this is the English language community: misschien kun je je vraag ook op de Nederlandse community stellen?

Welkom op de Sonos Community | Sonos Community