Skip to main content
Answered

Lots of drop out, disconnects from streaming services, constant looping of tracks stopping

Hi All,

Been a Sonos user for ages. Recently I’m getting a heck of a lot of drop outs, various components drop out and come back on line in 10-30s, or all drop out. Streaming services drop out, songs skip, overnight looping of white noice tracks randomly stops.

Thinking it was some sort of wireless issue I recently moved to a wired setup with one of my play 1’s directly wired to my primary Google Wifi puck. I’m still getting these issues unfortunately.

Anyone have any ideas or pointers or could I submit a technical report to someone at Sonos to take a look for any issues for me?

Btw I mainly use Amazon and Calm for streaming services.

TIA

Wired to the main Google puck is the way to go, you did not mention if you have a router in front of the puck but if you do give it a power cycle and make sure WiFi is disabled on said router.

Wifi is indeed disabled on the main router. Has been for a while and certainly over a few power cycles.

Try selecting a different WiFi channel on Sonos, use 1, 6 or 11 and test for a while.

I know the newer Google Nest pucks work with Sonos in a wired configas I ran that config for a few months late last year.

Ensure you have only 1 DHCP server enabled (either router or Google)

How do I do that?

Can anyone from Sonos comment on this and take a look at a dump of system info for me?

Still getting dropouts galore. 

I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it. Or if you prefer to wait for a Sonos moderator, you could post the diagnostic number here.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis.