Answered

Line in only playing on one speaker - Sonos Amp

• 28 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I have a problem with my recently purchased Sonos Amp. I have two external speakers (not Sonos) connected to my Amp through cable, and streaming music from my phone as well as the TV sound works absolutely fine. 

However, when I change to line in, in this case a turntable, the sound only comes out of one of the speakers. I have tried with a different RCA-cable, but that didn’t make any difference. 

Also, when I go into Sonos settings and change the sound to only right, there is no sound at all - almost as if I didn’t have the right speaker connected. 

There is, of course always a risk that something is broken, but I was wondering if anyone else share the same experience, and have a potential fix for it? Since the sound works fine with streaming/TV, I suspect it might be something with the turntable, but it could, of course, also be the connectors on the AMP that is broken…

Any help is appreciated!

//Fredrick

icon

Best answer by John B 28 January 2021, 13:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

A faulty connector on the Amp cannot be ruled out.  make sure the cable you are using for the line-in is stereo and is fully inserted.

If you have a suitable cable try playing your phone or laptop through the line-in.

Mod Edit: Edited for clarity prior to marking as Best Answer

Good point, I’ll try with my phone to try to isolate the issue! 

Thanks!