KQED dropped audio solution

• 18 July 2022
  • 1 reply

I think found a fix for the issue with the KQED Sonos audio stream that was causing frequent dropped audio. 

The issue itself is clearly related to the feed from KQED to Sonos. I don’t have an issue with other Sonos stations, or with streaming KQED outside of Sonos. 

To solve the issue I created my own radio station manually, directed to the primary stream at https://streams.kqed.org/. I did this using the PC desktop app, but I think it can be done on the mobile app as well. 

When searching for a solution I found other people having the same problem. Maybe this post will be helpful to someone. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

It seems to be working ok here at the moment (no dropouts heard so far, at least) - I got it playing via Sonos Radio, albeit the Apps ‘Now Playing’ screen shows it as a (partner) Tune-In-provided station. Maybe it’s something local to where you are, but at least the alternative (manually-linked) stream is working for you. Thanks for posting that. 👍