Skip to main content

Indexing no longer working properly all of a sudden and cannot see many folders via Sonos

• 4 January 2022
  • 4 replies

My indexing is no longer working properly.  I have been using the same NAS share for about 15 years with Sonos but this just started happening a few days ago.  I only see a small fraction of my folders and songs in my genres now.  I removed the share a couple days ago and re-added but it has now happened again.  Re-adding my share takes what seems hours.  I also do not believe I am anywhere near the song ljnit as there are approximately 20K songs on the share.  Also sometimes I will not see a folder but then can move it to another folder, re-index and then I will see it.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Is your NAS using SMB2?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

If you are on an S2 system you might try limiting your server’s SMB connection to only v1. That might break other SMB shares though.

If nothing else, run a re-index, submit a diagnostic and post it here for Sonos Support to look at. A phone call would be better if you can call when you have access to your Sonos gear.

It is a Terastation TS-XEL/R5.  It is at least 5 years old and has always worked.  I do not believe it supports SMB2 but it just recently stopped working.  Does Sonos only support SMB2 recently?

SONOS recently started supporting SMB2, but it is slower than SMB1. I was speculating that you switched to SMB2 and there are some timeouts.

Some weeks ago I had some issues that turned out to be a failing drive.