Skip to main content

Hello

i I am currently renovating / building the below space. And hoping to fit in-ceiling speakers throughout. Any ideas how many I should aim for and position to get a good balanced sound in the main activity spaces. 

You are looking for background music?

A pair in the dining area a meter in from the left wall would likely work there without to much bleed into the other space.  Adding a second pair at the right would give more even sound levels though. If going mono consider one over each end of the table.

A pair over the bar/sink area would likely be good enough although two pair placed centered over the open areas might be a good improvement.

Two or three pair of Sonos speakers can be on a single Amp but you might want in-room volume controls to even out the sound levels. More than that you’d need two Amps, but that would also give you two zones that could play different music if you wanted.

I’d have your speakers individually wired to the Amp locations. That gives you the ability to try several different Stereo connection modes to see which, or mono, sounds better to you.