Answered

I have two DVD/CD players and would like to hook one of them up to my 5. I’m confused about the connectorsi—1/8 RCE and digital. What should I buy?

• 11 October 2023
  • 5 replies

There is an orange marking on the Sony input.  I know the Sonos uses 1/8 RCA but don’t know what the other end uses.

icon

Best answer by jgatie 11 October 2023, 19:43

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I’m pretty sure you’re right. I think this answered my question. I’ve ordered something and we’ll see. 

The output from the CD/DVD player only has 1 port and an HDMI

You mentioned orange.  If that is an orange RCA, it is digital coax.  You will need a digital coax to RCA analog converter (DAC).  Connect the coax side of the converter to the CD/DVD player via an RCA video cable, and the analog RCA side to the Five via an RCA to 3.5mm stereo miniplug cable.

If there’s just one RCA, with an orange centre, it’s digital. You’ll need a cheap digital-analog converter.

The output from the CD/DVD player only has 1 port and an HDMI

The input on a Five is analog only.  You will need an RCA to 3.5mm stereo miniplug cable.  Connect the RCA’s to the L/R outputs on the CD player, and the miniplug to the Line-In on the Five.