Question

How to revert to Sonos S1 app/controller?

• 5 October 2020
  • 3 replies

I have a single Sonos One speaker and the app kept prompting me on my iPhone to update to Sonos s2. So I finally did, but the new app is a piece of garbage. It freezes up every time I use it. When I tried to delete it and re-download the Sonos s1 app, it keeps telling me device isn’t compatible and I need to “upgrade” to Sonos s2. How can it not be compatible when I was using it just fine until about an hour ago for the past few months? How do I get rid of Sonos s2 and go back to Sonos s1, which had NO issues at all. Thanks for any guidance on this.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

You cannot go back in your situation.  There is nothing wrong with S2, I am using it without problems.

I suggest you power off your router and the One. Uninstall the S2 app. Power on the router. When it is fully on, power on the One.

Reinstall the S2 app and connect to existing system.

In the last hour, I have read a bunch of posts with people having the same problem. The app freezes up and is unusable. I did not have any issues with S1. How is it no possible to switch back since I have a SOnos One device?

I am just another user and I have told you the situation and suggested an action. I cannot be sure it will help. But I am sure S2 can work well for you.

Take it or leave it.