Skip to main content

I have a brand new Samsung TV just bought August’23. When turned on all sound goes through the Sonos amp. I goto the tv system settings and choose the sound output to be the tv speakers and it will switch over for 2-3 seconds and then go back the HDMI ARC. That all sounds and work great, but I should be able to limit the sound to only the tv speakers and play music through the amp via my SONOS app. 
This is an outdoor set up, and I would like to be able to have the kids watch TV while we’re listening to music on our outdoor speakers. The HDMI ARC connection is intended for sports or movies, not everything on the TV!

Please Help!!!

You likely need to just disable HDMI-CEC (The CEC protocol is usually referred to as AnyNet+ on Samsung products) you should be able to do that in the TV settings so that the Sonos Amp is not used/engaged …and you can then switch the playing TV audio to a different output, such as the TV speakers etc.

You likely need to just disable HDMI-CEC (The CEC protocol is usually referred to as AnyNet+ on Samsung products) you should be able to do that in the TV settings so that the Sonos Amp is not used/engaged …and you can then switch the playing TV audio to a different output, such as the TV speakers etc.

So disable/enable the AnyNet+ setting as needed the same as selecting/deselecting tv speakers?

So disable/enable the AnyNet+ setting as needed the same as selecting/deselecting tv speakers?

I suspect that is the case with your Samsung TV - maybe try it and see if that works for you.

Turning off the AnyNet+ kills the ARC signal to my Sonos Amp and I get sound through the tv speakers. The only con is this setting is not quickly accessible like the sound output setting. It’s within all settings, connection manager, AnyNet+ on/off toggle. 

Appreciate the input for resolving this issue!!