Answered

How can I get Sonos support to respond to me?

• 23 February 2021
  • 3 replies

There is something seriously wrong with Sonos support.  My Play One failed after less than 4 years and I had to purchase a replacement, with a small discount.  It was a painful process just to log the issue, then the replacement was delivered 10 days late, and only after I called several times to chase and escalated it.

I now can’t return the faulty item as the link to send it back has expired as the delivery was late, and after I chased Sonos have sent 2 seperate emails from 2 different couriers, both in foreign languages. I logged a formal complaint a week ago and have had no response from Sonos who told me to email them at support@sonos.com.  In fact I’ve sent 13 emails to support@sonos.com and have had zero response; I’ve called Sonos many times and have been told that the emails have been recieved, but nobody replies.  The case was escalated (again) yesterday but still no contact from Sonos.  How can I contact Sonos to complain, which doesn’t involve support@sonos.com as it will be ignored, doesn’t involved the website chat as nobody answers it, and doesn’t involve calling support as they don’t know how a customer can complain?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 23 February 2021, 16:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Colebag 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’m sorry to hear about the trouble you’ve had with your Play:1, and with getting it replaced. Your entire situation sounds very aggravating. In addition, you should not have been told to email us at support@sonos.com as this email is no longer monitored for incoming mail. To email us, you’d need to either use the web-form at our technical support page or reply to an email we’ve already sent you. 

When your case is escalated, it is placed in a new queue - I’m afraid you need to wait your turn, normally. Getting back in touch slows the process, if anything, as someone not in a position to respond to the escalation then needs to work on your case, often changing your position in the escalation queue. The escalation queue itself has been large of late, due to Covid 19 and Brexit (even if you’re not in the UK, all of European operations have been affected due to delayed packages and an increase of customer contact regarding these packages). Compounding this, DHL stopped servicing the UK which resulted in UPS having to handle far more than they were prepared for, producing backlogs.

Customer satisfaction and experience are very important to us, however, and I realise this sounds like a lot of excuses. I have therefore managed to get someone in the right team to look into your case as I type this. I cannot say they will respond to you immediately, as I don’t know what they’ll need to do for you, but they will be in touch.

I hope this experience does not permanently sour your opinion of Sonos as we have been trying our best during difficult times.

Thank you for your response.  I replied to the email that the agent sent, as he asked me to do, and the reply to address was support@sonos.com.  I was also told to email support@sonos.com by at least 3 people, and have had it confirmed to me that the emails have been received.  I strongly recommend that you advise your support staff to stop asking people to send emails to that address, and also ask your customer service to stop asking people to reply to an email address that I have had confirmed to me that they receive and read it, but ignore.  

I appreciate it has been difficult times, but the lack of training and processes within your support support cannot be attributed to Brexit, Covid or anything other than bad management.  If throughout this process Sonos had ever responded or called me by the agreed time then I wouldn’t need to chase several days later.  

One (hopefully) very easy question: what is your complaints process?   I asked this question to a couple of people in your support dept by phone and was told that they don’t know (even once after being put on hold for 10 mins so they could ask senior colleagues) and that I should just email support@sonos.com, and I made the mistake of sending an email as instructed.  Where on your website can I find your code of conduct or process for complaint handling?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Colebag 

Emails coming from us identify as having been sent from that email address, but if it is not a direct email reply to that thread (with the correct references in the subject line), the incoming email doesn’t get assigned to a case. Therefore, agents do not get assigned it.

The complaints process is to express your wish to complain, in writing, on the related case - which you have already done. I assure you, your complaint will be addressed.

This is a public forum for Sonos users to help each other. As this topic only relates to yourself, no other users can help you and your case is currently being looked into, I will mark this topic as closed.