Answered

Help Pro-Ject T1 BT and Sonos Amp

• 8 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi all. New to forum and help with the following issues would be much appreciated: 

1. Getting hum when connect the Pro-Ject T1 BT to Sonos Amp, which I think might be ground loop, is that possible with this turntable given built in phono stage ?
  2. Sonos Amp has no ground post so where and how do I attach ground cable from turntable if this is what is needed to try and stop the hum ?
  3. How the heck do I turn off the annoying bleep on the Sonos amp if you press the volume up or down. It’s sound crazy annoying and spoils the listening experience ?

many thanks for any advice.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 8 February 2023, 23:14

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Be sure to set the switch on the back of the turntable to LINE OUT, not PHONO OUT. Also try adjusting the Source Level setting in the Sonos app under the Line-In settings for the Amp. And be sure to set the Audio Compression setting to Uncompressed for the best audio quality.

You cannot turn off the beeping sound from the volume buttons. Adjust the volume with your phone instead.

Thanks Rashi. The BT model doesn’t have the switch like the SB model just separate line out and phono out. I have it in the line out but will try those other two tweaks. What do you say about the grounding issue though as looking at other posts there seems to be ref to grounding it on the RGA adapter on the amp ??

many thanks,